How amazing are PANCAKES?! So many varieties, so many flavors, so many toppings. I can't think of very many things that are more of a breakfast comfort food than pancakes.
That being said, they are rarely ever actually healthy. UNTIL NOW!
I've tried 2 and 3 ingredient pancakes, and I feel like they're just not as good. The whole banana and egg combo was way too eggy for me.
This recipe however, is a must try. And guess what?? There's chia seeds, and cinnamon, and banana, and egg whites! Mix those with things like almond milk, non fat Greek yogurt, and rolled oats as the flour - and you've got some healthy 'cakes that double as food for the soul.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or tons like me)
- 1 medium banana
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and coat with coconut oil non stick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients to a blender or Nutri Bullet, and blend until the batter is smooth.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto skillet and heat until edges appear to be cooked.
- Flip and continue to heat until cooked all the way through.
- Remove pancake from skillet and continue through the steps spraying the coconut oil between pancakes.
Try them! Then let me know what you think, and let me know if you put your own variety on them. Top with fruit, add mini chocolate chips - the possibilities are endless!